High volume litho printing
Litho Printing in Edinburgh
Litho printing is the more traditional form of printing, and is suitable for higher volumes and smaller jobs that require exceptional quality. It’s also good for printing on heavier stock and for producing special colours – Pantone inks for example.
Our main production hub has massive print capacity. We can produce virtually unlimited quantities, so this type of printing is very useful for long run leaflets and flyers, as well as larger booklets and brochures.
Print production in an ethical and environmentally friendly way is crucially important to us. Our hub’s Environmental Management System had independently accredited to ISO14001, which means that we are continually assessed on our environmental objectives, policies and plans.
Our main printing machines are:
- 2001 Komori Lithrone L440 4colour with anilox coating tower
- 2003 Komori Lithrone LS440 4colour with anilox coating tower
- 2006 Komori Lithrone SP440 4 colour “double decker” with duplex anilox coater
All presses are fully automatic and feature KHS pre-inking; utilising CIP data from prepress, and x-rite fully automatic scanning spectrophotometers to reduce waste and makeready time, and control both presses whilst running.
- Technotrans RO water supply
- Betz ink pumping system
- Intech pile turning
- ML systems humidification control – To ensure consistent environment for paper and machines
- 2004 Polar 137XT guillotine with transomat stacking robot
- 2002 Polar 137ED Autotrim guillotine
- 2013 Polar 115N Guillotine
- Polar RA4 jogger with de-aeration rollers
- Polar weightronix sheet counting
- Polar CW 1000 stack lift
- 2003 Heidelberg Stahlfolder TD78 4/4 & mobile knife with Heidelberg VSA86 stacker
- 2013 Stahl Folder KH78 with Heidelberg SPH70 delivery
- 2003 Heidelberg ST100 4 station saddlestitcher with cover-feeder
- 2003 Bobst Evoline 102 autoplaten
- 2003 Autobond compact 102 B1 perfecting thermal laminator
- 2015 Warrior Electric Round Corner Cutter
- Citoborma 280 ab multi-head drill
- 2 x Hugo Beck Shrinkwrappers
- 2 ATS Auto-Banders
- 1 ATS Stanbd-Alone Bander
- Jungheindrich Counter-Balance Fork Lift Truck
- ML systems humidification control